Adoption: Dogs Deliver Excellent Karma to You

People can't believe it when I said I adopted Betsy, the border collie x corgi, and Miki, the Silky Terrier or Yorkie lookalike. They are often pleasantly surprised by their gentle demeanour and groomed appearance.
I also told them our story of how we won a lucky draw, and how our business flourished after our adoption of the two dogs.

Betsy our second dog in Singapore, adopted from internet forum
After adoption, we won sofa from lucky draw on Straits Times

Miki our third dog in Singapore, adopted from SPCA
After adoption, we perfected our shampoo formula. Our income soared


 

So should you adopt a dog?

I would say yes! There are too many abandoned dogs in the streets and in the shelters. There is only so much that the shelters, AVA or the government could do. We need good Samaritans to give those dogs a home. Not just a physical space, but a home full of love, discipline, exercise and optimism.

There are countless folks in Singapore who are kind hearted. The "kiasu" *meaning greedy and cheapskate* Singaporeans are in my opinion far and few. They are the bad apples of Singapore. Most Singaporeans I know are very soft on the inside. They appear rough, resilient and stressed, but they always have the propensity to help others in need.

However, good intentions must follow with good knowledge. That is why I took it upon myself as a duty to educate and inform adopters of my experiences adopting. I hope that they too can learn from our initial challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment